Raw Organic Cacao Beans & Powder (Theobroma)
Supports Sustainable Farming & Fair Trade Practices
Our authentically raw, organic cacao beans (theobrama) have a wonderfully unique, gentle, and mild flavor, with notes of exotic fruits and spices that also inhabit forests including clove, nutmeg, banana and vanilla.
Cacao beans are an incredibly nutritious and delicious source of chocolate, in its purest and most unadulterated form. Our wild and sustainable cacao beans are grown in an eco-friendly manner. The cacao pods are harvested and allowed to continue ripening in the pod before they are cracked and the pulp is washed from the beans. Most cacao beans are marketed as raw but are not, because they are fermented. The beans are slowly dried in dehydration machines that never reach temperatures above 104 degrees Fahrenheit . This optimal drying method does not require high heat or chemicals, or involve taste altering smoke or oils. These harvesting and cold processing methods result in truly raw cacao beans that are clean and alive!
The energizing happy bean!
- Powerful free radical scavenger with an ORAC level of 87,800 per 3.53 ounces
- Stimulates the body’s secretion of endorphins, providing and increased sense of well being
- A great source of magnesium, chromium, iron, calcium, potassium, sulphur, copper and zinc, bioflavonoids and catechins
- Considered the most chemically complex raw wholefood supplement on the planet, with over 300 identifiable compounds and 1200 constituents of flavor
Beyond sustainable, beyond fair trade
The highest level of social, ecological, and processing quality, with transparency from smallholder farm-gate to shelf. Wild-harvested in sustainable and bio diverse food-forests; for more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Suggested use: Add 1 to 3 teaspoons to smoothies, water, non-dairy milk, ice cream or yogurt. Makes incredible hot chocolate!
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- I love this chocolate, it is so so good
- Makes Excellent Hot Chocolate
- I've been using this for nearly a year. Cocao is bitter by itself so I add two tablespoons to 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup half and half, add a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon. Blend together with a mixer and heat to no greater than 160 degrees. Enjoy.
- This is yummy! Hot Chocolate, add it to coffee or make Ice Cream with it. What ever you add to it or add it to whatever, its Smooth & Wonderfully Creamy and did I mention Chocolaty, plus its GOOD for you. What more could you want? I highly recommend this product.