Raw Organic Freeze Dried Brazilian Acerola Cherry (Malpighia emarginata)
Also know as: Barbados Cherry, West Indian Cherry, or Wild Crape Myrtle
100% Pure, Certified Organic with no additives, carriers or preservatives of any kind. The most bioactive Raw Acerola Cherry Powder on the market!
The Acerola Cherry is an incredibly delicious superfood boasting extraordinary levels of Vitamin C Complex, Rutin and enzymes like Tyrosinase, as well as Potassium, Dietary Fiber, Riboflavin, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A and small amounts of Calcium. Vast evidence proves these naturally occurring elements in Raw Acerola Cherry are necessary for proper neurological functioning and accomplish a host of beneficial activities within the body.
"Acerola Cherry boasts high levels of Vitamin C complex and Potassium, great for boosting immunity!"
- Extraordinary source of Vitamin C complex. Severe deficiency of Vitamin C leads to scurvy characterized by bleeding gums, joint pain, easy bruising, dry skin, fluid retention and depression.
- Great immune booster.
- Essential for the manufacture of collagen (a type of protein).
- Encourages cellular regeneration and protects from free radical damage.
- Supports a healthy nervous system and increases oxygen capacity.
- Whole food Potassium is a very important mineral for the proper functioning of the body. It’s also an electrolyte that conducts electricity throughout the nervous system. Potassium is crucial to heart function and plays a key role in skeletal and smooth muscle contraction, making it important for normal digestive and muscular functioning too. It is important to get potassium from foods like Raw Acerola Cherry and to understand potassium supplements don't have the same health benefits.
- Dietary fiber in adequate amounts is critical for proper elimination and good health. Diets high in fiber are proven to relieve constipation and hemorrhoid.
- Riboflavin is B2 and in the body creates coenzymes called flavocoenzymes. Flavocoenzymes metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats, and are part of the electron transport chain in the respiratory system that is central to energy production. Deficiency affects many enzyme systems and can reduce blood uric acid (a blood antioxidant) levels.
- Vitamin A is essential to boost immunity in the human body. It maintains and protects the cells lining the airways, digestive tract, and urinary tract.
- Delicious and healthy alternative to sugar with the same granular consistency of "sugar in the raw". Add to teas, cereals, oatmeal, smoothies and even deserts with a little experimenting.
- Eaten raw by the indigenous people of Brazil to reduces headaches and fevers.
- A favorite Vitamin C supplement among natural health practitioners for its high levels of bio-available and complete Vitamin C complex found only in superfoods (unlike traditional vitamin c supplements which are merely ascorbic acid or ascorbate, just the "shell" of the vitamin
- c complex.).
"Not all Acerola Cherry Powder is created equal!"
It is crucial when working with organics, particularly superfoods like Acerola Cherry, to ensure the integrity of the product is not compromised in any way. This is why we freeze dry our Raw Acerola Cherry and never spray dry. If a company is not boldly declaring their Raw Organic Acerola Cherry Powder is freeze dried, you can be certain it is spray dried. Spray dried superfood powders are neither raw nor organic, according to true raw and organic standards. Spray dried superfoods have added chemicals, including maltodextrin and ethanol. This form of Acerola is not pure! Also, spray dried superfoods are literally cooked to death, heated to the boiling point of the chemical solvent/carrier used to dry it. These products are not bioactive and are essentially “dead”. Companies spray drying superfruits like Acerola Cherry are more concerned with making a profit than the health and well being of their customers, with spray drying an average of 3 times less expensive than freeze drying. High profile “raw food” and “body cleanse” companies fail to mention this alarming fact about the products they tout. Keeping customers in the dark on this issue ties their hands from being able to make educated choices in favor of their health. Companies claiming they care about your health yet are selling spray dried products are, in our opinion, charlatans.
"One pound of our Freeze Dried Acerola Cherry Powder is like having 7-10 pounds of frozen raw Acerola Cherry pulp, because the water has been removed. Our Fair Trade Certified Acerola Cherry Powder does not require refrigeration."
Recommendations: Mix 1 teaspoon (3 grams) 1-3 times a day into water, smoothies, yogurt or cereals with a spoon or blender. It has a consistency similar to granulated sugar and makes a great sugar substitute! For optimal results, use with Optimally Organic Fulvic Ionic Minerals. Store unopened in a cool dry place and refrigerate after opening for optimal freshness.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- I originally tried because I received as a gift. Today I'm ordering.
I originally discounted this product in favor of another. What a mistake! The benefits of this powder, mixed with my daily yogurt are amazing. Utilized as a sugar full and partial substitute in baking allows me to share the benefits. Try it for an out of this world sugar cookie.